Date: , -
SITE: Omega>> Omega - Masthead
>> FORUM - Original View
>> FORUM - Most Recent Threads
|->Omega on Twitter|
|->PuristSPro on Twitter|
|->See All Twitter Links|
|->Subscribe to our RSS feeds|
- >> The ever-increasing depths at which divers were working led to the creation of the famous “PloProf” Seamaster 600, which was launched to the public in 1970 after four years of intensive research and testing (the case was already patented in 1967). This watch proved to be more than equal to the new c... Read more..
(23) Latest Reply: Fri, Mar 27, 2015
- >> Team, Not mine, shame on me. When it was released, I made the mistake of thinking that was wrong to have the Apollo 11 patch over the running seconds. A dear friend got it. Just beautiful. Have a good weekend, Nilo This message has been edited by nilomis on 2015-03-15 04:17:58... Read more..
(4) Latest Reply: Mon, Mar 16, 2015
- >> It is not only my obsession, but also my daughter's... Since she came back from Brittany, with some shells... " Daddy, heere are some shells for your pictures "... Obviously, one of my very favourite vintage diving watch. Best, Nicolas... Read more..
(12) Latest Reply: Sun, Mar 08, 2015
- >> In 1958, Omega created a watch line called Ranchero . It was inspired by the Railmaster, the Seamaster 300 and the arrowhead hand of the 1957 Speedmaster, so there was no mistaking its lineage. Ranchero: sound of freedom, adventure and virility.. Omega’s cowboy should have become the entry-level mod... Read more..
(23) Latest Reply: Sun, Dec 28, 2014
- >> The history of the Omega Seamaster 1000m starts with the birth of the Seamaster 600 – aka Ploprof - in 1970, after four years of intensive research and testing. This watch was aimed at the new challenges faced by professional divers. = The Ploprof was used extensively during test dives in the late ... Read more..
(22) Latest Reply: Sun, Nov 30, 2014
- >> The Seamaster 300 ”no date” reference 165.024 was launched in 1964 (some caseback are even dated 1963) and replaced its predecessor reference 165.014, the last of the straight lugs Seamaster. Concerning the meaning of the reference, 024 is the code for this particular model and 165 means that it is ... Read more..
(41) Latest Reply: Sat, Nov 22, 2014
- >> I will do a proper review of these watches in due course. The 2777-1 has already had a short review, but the 2914 Railmaster and 165014 Seamaster are newly arrived (though in the case of the 2914, purchased many months ago). I wont say that this completes my Omega theme...(Laughs everywhere....), bu... Read more..
(37) Latest Reply: Mon, Mar 16, 2015
- >> Nilo doesn't really need much of an introduction from me as he has been around for many years. A regular contributor to many forums, but now the active Moderator for Omega. Firstly, congratulations Nilo on taking on the Omega forum. Omega is one of the most exciting manufacturers. In terms of tool w... Read more..
(67) Latest Reply: Sat, Sep 20, 2014