SITE: Omega>> Omega - Masthead
>> NEW START PAGE New
>> FORUM - Original View
>> FORUM - Most Recent Threads
>> Previous Home Page old
|->Omega on Twitter|
|->PuristSPro on Twitter|
|->See All Twitter Links|
|->Subscribe to our RSS feeds|
- >> The history of the Omega Seamaster 1000m starts with the birth of the Seamaster 600 – aka Ploprof - in 1970, after four years of intensive research and testing. This watch was aimed at the new challenges faced by professional divers. = The Ploprof was used extensively during test dives in the late ... Read more..
(22) Latest Reply: Sun, Nov 30, 2014
- >> The Seamaster 300 ”no date” reference 165.024 was launched in 1964 (some caseback are even dated 1963) and replaced its predecessor reference 165.014, the last of the straight lugs Seamaster. Concerning the meaning of the reference, 024 is the code for this particular model and 165 means that it is ... Read more..
(41) Latest Reply: Sat, Nov 22, 2014
- >> I will do a proper review of these watches in due course. The 2777-1 has already had a short review, but the 2914 Railmaster and 165014 Seamaster are newly arrived (though in the case of the 2914, purchased many months ago). I wont say that this completes my Omega theme...(Laughs everywhere....), bu... Read more..
(34) Latest Reply: Mon, Oct 13, 2014
- >> Nilo doesn't really need much of an introduction from me as he has been around for many years. A regular contributor to many forums, but now the active Moderator for Omega. Firstly, congratulations Nilo on taking on the Omega forum. Omega is one of the most exciting manufacturers. In terms of tool w... Read more..
(67) Latest Reply: Sat, Sep 20, 2014
- >> I have a deep love for Omega sports watches and I always keep my eyes open for nice examples. But this time, the story of my new purchase is unusual… as I was not looking for this watch at all !! I have always considered the Flightmaster as a weird object, with a monster sized case and a busy dial t... Read more..
(10) Latest Reply: Thu, Sep 04, 2014
- >> On a beautiful Wednesday evening in Beverly Hills, the PuristSPro Team joined Omega and Vanity Fair to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing with astronaut Buzz Aldrin. The event was held at the Sheats-Goldstein House designed in the 1960's by architect John Lautner. We arrive... Read more..
(22) Latest Reply: Mon, Jul 21, 2014
- >> Born in 1957, the Railmaster is part of the famous trilogy of "technical" watches : it is the one specifically invoking an impressive resistance to magnetic fields. Here's a review of my watch omega.watchprosite.com This message has been edited by DrStrong on 2014-07-08 01:38:49... Read more..
(1) Latest Reply: Sat, Jul 12, 2014
- >> The first step in OMEGA’s Co-Axial revolution began in 1999 with the unveiling of the Co-Axial escapement; in 2007, the brand developed the calibres 8500/8501, the first in-house Co-Axial movements; and just one year ago, OMEGA announced the creation of the first truly anti-magnetic watch movement. ... Read more..
(18) Latest Reply: Thu, Apr 03, 2014